My name is George. My interests are in structured open data (esp. within Semantic Web and repository contexts), resource discovery, distributed digital repositories and human-computer interaction (HCI).
I am a repository manager and developer based in the “Scholarly Publications & Research Data” team at the University of Strathclyde. I work on repository and digital library things, while also supporting activities within Open Science, research discovery and digital scholarship. I am currently completing a PhD in topics surrounding resource discovery at the iSchool.
At the moment…
- I chair the RIOXX Metadata Application Profile Governance Group (RGG)
- I sit on the Jisc Digital Research Community Group
- I am Technical Officer on the UKCoRR Committee
- I am core dev for the Open Science MOOC
- I am a CORE Ambassador
I am also a chartered member (MCLIP) of the Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals (CILIP) and a registered Fellow (FHEA) of the UK Higher Education Academy.
Prior to returning to repositories I did the following:
- Project Evaluator & Business Analyst, Jisc funded Principles in Patterns (PiP) project
- Lecturer in Information Management & Systems at Liverpool John Moores University – lecturing in information retrieval, structured data, resource discovery, and information architecture; research in distributed digital repositories and Semantic Web technologies.
- Research Fellow, Centre for Digital Library Research in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Strathclyde
- Research Assistant, Centre for Digital Library Research in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Strathclyde
Those that know how can grab and check out my FOAF profile.